Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all The Rasmus Fans!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Interview in Kiev

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ħ†rïÐ
Admin
ħ†rïÐ

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2006-07-05

A Interview in Kiev Empty
PostSubject: A Interview in Kiev   A Interview in Kiev EmptyThu 24 Aug - 19:30

Tell us about your impression of Ukraine. What are you expecting?

Lauri: I think it will be great, performing here on this big stage. I hope a lot of people come to see us. We arrived last night, walked around the city yesterday night and today. So many people on the streets! We got a lot of positive energy, that’s why we’re so happy today.

Eero: The river is beautiful.

When you’re performing, your image is similar to that of old rockers like Jim Morrison. Why?

Lauri: I’ve never thought about it. When they played, I wasn’t even in my parents' plans.

Do you listen to The Doors?

Lauri: Sometimes. I like them. Though their music is for certain moods only. They have great lyrics. The Doors are idols for many stars.

Ville Valo from HIM once said: “If you’re a real rocker you have to be interested in everything connected to Satanism.” Do you agree?

Lauri: No, I don’t. I think many do it only because they want to be mysterious and scary. But that’s just stupid.

Aki: Many think rock music is connected to Satanism. People dance weird, girls don’t wear much… So people think it’s all devil’s doing.

Your posters around the city were ruined by vandals who wrote rude words on them. Why do you think they did that?

Lauri: We would do it ourselves

Whose poster would you ruin?

Eero: [laughing] Metallica

When you have to get up early, what do you do to wake up? Exercise?

Eero: We go swimming. To the river. We did that today

Do you get the impression that Ukrainian journalists are idiots?

Aki: No way! Just the men.

Did you always want to become a rock star or was it enough for you to just play music?

Aki: Everyone wants to be a rock star.

Lauri: When we were starting, we knew for sure we wanted to do this for the rest of our lives and we worked hard to get here. Like for many others, it started for us in the parents’ basement and we only got out of Finland 8 years later.

Do you have anything special planned for the concert?

Lauri: Yeah, at the end we decided to play one song in Finnish, some people know it. And there will also be a small acoustic set in the middle.

Your lyrics are quite serious, but you look happy and cheerful. Do you feel young or old for your age?

Aki: Younger of course!

Lauri: My age is changing all the time. Sometimes I feel 17, sometimes I wake up and feel like I’m a 50 year old man, like yesterday for example. We had a crazy party in Russia.

What happened there?

Lauri: Aaah, I can’t tell you that… [laughing]

What’s the craziest thing you’ve done?

Lauri: I can’t remember anything right now. But building our lives around this band was a pretty crazy thing to do. We have to kick our own butts all the time, nobody will make us do this.

The video for Falling is very interesting. Who worked on it?

Lauri: That’s an old video, released three albums ago. A few of our friends from Finland are in it. We wanted to show how unusual and beautiful Finland is. Somewhat similar to Ukraine, actually: a lot of people out at night, music everywhere.

Do you have any talismans/lucky charms?

Lauri: I have a dream catcher that protects me from nightmares.

A lot of people say that school doesn’t encourage personality and individuality. Do you agree?

Aki: Actually, you go to school to learn, get knowledge. Of course, when you’re a teenager in high school you feel limited. But if you really want to create something, you can easily do it after school, the way we did it combining school and music. And when we finally had something concrete, we left school to concentrate on the career. And it was a right decision, everything worked out for the best. But everyone has to study![

What do you do in your free time? Any hobbies?

Eero: I practice meditation, Sahaja Yoga. 15 minutes in the morning and evening. It helps me feel good.

Someone once said: “we’re musicians, therefore unemployed. Music takes up 100 % of our time.” Is it the same for you?

Lauri: I played piano since I was 5 while others played football and I hated music! But time passed and I’m happy that music became the foundation of my life.

Fans often give you presents. What was the most memorable one?

Eero: The best presents are those people make themselves.

Lauri: One British fan gave me a star, I even have a certificate. That was very nice.

What music inspires you?

Lauri: We listen to many different bands.

Aki: Not just bands, musicians too.

Lauri: Those are modern groups like Muse, but also older stuff like Leonard Cohen.

Aki: We all like RHCP. Personally I’ve been listening to them for a long time. They’re a good example.

Do you keep in touch with other Finnish bands?

Lauri: Finland is a small country, we see a lot of each other every day. Musicians often go to clubs, that’s where we meet and talk. Everything usually starts off from a drunk idea, and then we end up working together.

[the guitarist lights up a cigarette]

Is smoking your only bad habit?

Pauli: [with a surprised face and innocent eyes] What? I don’t smoke at all! [everyone laughs]

What would you say about Lordi?

Lauri: We’re happy for them. They’ve been around in Finland for 5 years now, they’ve released a couple of albums. It’s about time Finland wins Eurovision. We have so many great musicians, it’s good that they are now recognized in the world. Now it’s possible to grow without leaving the country.

Eero: But to tell the truth, we’re just jealous of Lordi.

Really?

Lauri: Eero said that! We didn’t have anything to do with it. [smiling]

Eero: Eurovision is not really for us. Though we hope Lordi will broaden the competition for this contest. They’ve shown that there’s room for rock music there too.

Maybe you’ll win next year?

Lauri: Don’t think so.

What will you do if the sound goes out on stage?

Lauri: We won’t give a damn, we have acoustic guitars!

Are you still friends with your previous drummer Janne?

Lauri: Yeah, we're still friends. The main thing is that when he left, there wasn't any quarrel between us, he just haven't such... such big passion for music and playing in the band. [thanks to --MySelF-- for this one!]

Last question, now that you’re all famous and rich, do you have a luxurious apartment, an expensive car?

Lauri: Ha! I have a bike!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pikku_hiiri

A Interview in Kiev
Page 1 of 1