Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to all The Rasmus Fans!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interview in Brazil

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ħ†rïÐ
Admin
ħ†rïÐ

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2006-07-05

Interview in Brazil Empty
PostSubject: Interview in Brazil   Interview in Brazil EmptyThu 24 Aug - 20:38

Interview to the band

From your entire career, which music you would have liked to record a video, but you didn't?
Lauri: Immortal. Maybe we will do a video of it, Eero has been shooting some material of us on the road...

Do you usually visit the websites dedicated to the band?
Aki: Sometimes I visit fans websites. Usually I read what the fans think about our shows and songs etc. I really much respect people who has a website for our band. Some of them are extremely good and have many visitors. Thank you!!!

Here in Brazil we have almost 10.000 fans registered, did you knew you had so many fans here in Brazil?
Aki: We´ve done some phoners for Brazil and the journalists have told me that we have lots of fans. It´s a pity that we haven´t have a change to visit your country yet, but I hope that one day we will!

The fans from Brazil are waiting over 2 years for a show of The Rasmus, unfortunately the show that was going to happen here, in March, was cancelled. Is there any chance for us to see you guys play here this year?
Aki: I was dissapointed when I heard that the show was cancelled and I´m sure we will come one day to enjoy your beautiful and warm country.

So you guys went to a few different places around the world to shoot your videos, like Cuba, Spain and Latvia. What about Brazil, could it be the next country for a video shoot?
Aki: Yes, we´ve been to many interesting and nice countries in our career. That´s a great idea to come to Brazil to shoot our next video, so let´s see...

Live Letters it's an excellent DVD. What might we expect for the new DVD based on "Hide from the Sun"? Are you already selecting material for it?
Aki: Thanks! We don´t have plans to release another DVD yet. We just shot a great documentary for finnish national TV and we have 100 hours material left, so maybe we could release that material as a DVD. At the moment we just want to concentrate on touring and it might be that
we will start to rehears some new material end of this year.

Do you like soccer? If yes, are you fans from any team?
Aki: I´m not the biggest sport fan, but I used to play soccer when I was younger, but I sucked, so I quit it.

During those busy tour weeks, how do you get back to yourself, to not turn crazy of all these jetlags, interviews, crazy fans and stuff? We know Eero does his yoga thing but how about you, Lauri, Pauli and Aki?
Aki: Sometimes it´s nice to go crazy, but reading books and watching movies is good way to relax.

What's the message you have for your Brazilian fans?
Aki: Keep up the good work and see you guys soon!!! You can also visit our website www.therasmus.com and check where we are and what we do.

Aki's interview

When was your first contact with a set of drums?
Aki: When I saw Tommy Lee and the Mötley Crue on MTV. I really much enjoyed the energy and the feeling that I got. It took a while to convince my mam to buy me a drumkit. I got my first crappy drums at the age of 12. That´s how it all started.

Do you miss the time you worked as an actor?
Aki: Basicly I didn´t work as an actor, it was only like a summerjob for me. But I didn´t feel so comfortable. After that I decided that playing music is the thing I want to do in the future. But anyway it was good to try it and I also met many good friends.

You have the most beautiful smile in the world!! Do you consider it your best charm?
Aki: Well, hehehehe. My smile comes naturally, so I haven´t been thinking it too much. Good that someone likes it.

Were you inspired by any drummer when you started playing? And what advice do you give to people that see you as a great drummer and an inspiration?
Aki: I was listening so many different drummers when I was younger. I think my favourite ones were Dave Grohl (Nirvana), Matt Sorum (Guns N Roses), Tommy Lee (Motley Crue) just to name few. I was playing along with every CD I had and tryed to steal all the good ideas to create my own style. Good tip is to play different music styles not only rock, that was what I did. Latin and Jazz are full of different kind of interesting rhythms. Play along with your favourite bands and stay in your smelly rehearsal place as much as possible! Most important is to find good bandmembers!!

Lauri's Interview

Once you said that your parents didn't like the idea of you dropping school to dedicate yourself to music. How about today, what do they think about it?
Lauri: My parents are now very proud of me. They feel ten years younger because of our band.

You like wearing crow feathers in your hair, specially the ones you get from your fans. Here in Brazil we don't have crows, but there are other beautiful and very colourful birds. Would you use feathers of Brazilian birds?
Lauri: I don´t feel like a peacock I would go for the crows instead.

Which song do you consider to be most personal, the one that you've most opened your heart?
Lauri: Funeral Song from album Dead Letters

Why do you consider being so complicated about aspects regarding the heart?
Lauri: Heart is the most complicated and important organ in the human body. And the most vulnerable!!

Eero's Interview

Eero, you are an adept and encourager of Sahaja Yoga. How did it appear in your life?
Eero: I was in music school with a friend and he was practicing this meditation, and one time he just invited me to come and try it... so I went and even though I didn't really understand it on the first time, anyway, slowly after few weeks and months I started to feel that it helps me to keep balance in my life so I continued.

You are the only band member that's married. How is for you to be so much time way from your family, specially your wife and kids?
Eero: In any work you have to be away from the family some time, in this work you are just away a bit longer time in a row, but then you also get to spend longer times at home and it's sometimes good to get a bit distance.

Have you ever thought of giving up the band and became a fool time family man?
Eero: I love playing music much, don't want to give it us.

You have already played and sang a Bossa Nova, a (kind of music from Brazil). What else do you know from Brazilian culture?
Eero: I know that people are quite open, they like music and dance a lot, the huge forests, the sea and waves...

Have you ever take to your family to one of your shows?
Eero: Sometimes they travel with me, but traveling is quite heavy for little kids.

Pauli's Interview

Your latest hair look it's amazing! Did anyone ever asked for some strings?!
Pauli: Thanks! I like my hair too! No strings attached.

You are an excellent producer. How is it to conceal your life as a guitarist and as a producer, since you are always (or most of the time) on the road?
Pauli: It´s hard yes, but I love creting new things and music, it´s big part of my life and I always find time for da things I looooov.

From the four of you, you seem to be the most quite and serious. Is that just because you are shy or you simply don't like the "harassment"?
Pauli: I love music an performing but I dont like interviews even tho those are Big part of this “job” and usually people asks questions about lauri, so feel useless. But in normal life I´m quite open anyways.

Do you collect stuffed animals, like teddy bears or something like that?
Pauli: I won’t ever have real stufed animal, but teddybears I have some yes. A good rock star always have some teddybears to guard the bed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pikku_hiiri

Interview in Brazil
Page 1 of 1